DESIGN A MEAT WORLD MASCOT AND WIN R20 000!
WINNING INSTITUTION WINS R10 000!
CLOSING DATE: 17 June 2022 at 12:00
Terms and Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions (Ts & Cs) set out below apply to all participants submitting entries for the Meat World In-Store Competition.
- Please read the Ts & Cs carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with the Ts & Cs.
About Meat World
The Meat World Group of Companies was established in 1995 with the opening of the first branch of Meat World at the Springs Fresh Produce Market. Since then, the company has grown exceptionally fast and boasts 17 Meat World outlets at present. Meat World’s Managing Director, Angelino Pereira says that Meat World’s success can be attributed to the mix that they offer customers. “We succeeded in combining wholesale, retail, pre-packed and processed meat, but with the option that you can still request your personal butcher to cut and pack your meat in the way that you like it. Over the years, we became known as the friendly family butcher!”
- Quality | We take the utmost care in supplying quality-controlled products.
- Convenience | Our expert butchers cut, pack and price everything for your convenience.
- Hygiene | Food safety is a top priority for Meat World, and we abide by the highest international health and safety standards.
- Reliability | Customer service is incredibly important to us – we aim to always deliver on our promises.
Who can enter?
- Any artist or art student in South Africa over the age of 12 can enter. Entrants below the age of 18, must get their parent(s) / legal guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Parent(s) must please consent on the registration form. Any prizes won by underage contestants will be made to the legal guardian / parent.
- Schools, technical colleges, technical universities, universities, art and design institutions, art galleries and other institutions are requested to promote this competition to their students to enter
- Employees and family members of Meat World, FRIO FOODS, Red Pen Marketing or related companies are not allowed to enter.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but each design must be submitted individually.
A registration fees of R250 per entry is payable.
How to Enter
- Register your intention to participate in this competition by completing the online registration form before or on 17 June 2022 on the following link: https://tinyurl.com/mascotregister
- Payment of the R250 registration fees per entry must be paid on the registration link or alternatively can be paid into the following bank account:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account holder: RED PEN MARKETING (PTY) LTD
Account type: CURRENT
Account number: 10 13 894 035 3
Branch code: 051001
POP: Email to email@example.com with the reference MW/Your name and surname.
- After registration, you will receive an entry number. Please include the entry number in your entry
- No registration fees will be paid back
- Enter your design electronically on the following link:
- Entries should preferably be done before the closing date, but definitely before 17 June 2022 at 12:00. No late entries will be accepted.
Timeline of the Competition
- Closing Date: 17 June 2022 at 12:00
- No late entries will be accepted
- First prize: R20,000.00 cash
- Winning Institution: R10 000 cash (You need to include your institution’s details in the entry form. It is not a pre-requisite to enter.)
- Meat Vouchers to the value of R1 000 each to the 4 runners-up entries
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and may be forfeited or be the subject of a separate draw or be allocated at the Promoter’s discretion to another winner.
- Any risks in relation to the prizes (such as loss, theft or damages) will pass to the winner once the prize has been accepted. No lost or stolen money will be replaced.
Awarding of Prizes
- All prize winners will be announced on the organiser’s Facebook and Instagram pages and then contacted via the supplied contact details on the entry form.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide the correct contact details when entering the competition. If the contact details provided is incorrect, the winner may forfeit the prize.
- The organiser will arrange a visit with each winner to accept their prize, documenting the exchange with photographs that will be uploaded onto Facebook and Instagram.
- The organiser reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and may refuse to award the prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- The organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize and/or disqualify any participant/winner that may bring the organiser’s brands into disrepute.
- The organiser may refuse to award the prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the organiser reasonably deems necessary.
- The onus rests on the entrants to check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
- The organiser’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Design Requirements for the Mascot
- In line with the brand characteristics
- The mascot must reflect Meat World’s core values and corporate colours. It should have a positive theme and rich connotation.
- The mascot should have anthropomorphic characteristics; the image should be vivid, lovely, and approachable, with distinctive personality which is easy to identify and easy to remember.
- With no gender limitation, the mascot should have a beautiful appearance, a novel idea, a strong visual impact, and a sense of the times.
- With flexibility and commercial development value
- The design should be adaptable for the communication and reproduction of all media including graphics, three-dimensional and electronic medium;
- The design should be easy to use in developing brand cultural derivatives, such as facial expressions, comics, videos, and doll toys, etc.;
- The design should be applicable to various fields, including two-dimensional and three-dimensional animation (TV, the Internet, mobile phones, etc.).
Creation and Submission Process
1. Create your mascot design and prepare the electronic images as follows:
- Mascot design proposal (the following items are required to be submitted):
- Three side-views of the mascot (including: front view, side view, and back view);
2. To write the mascot story & the creative description:
- The mascot story should explain the characteristics of the mascot, such as the name, gender, age, personality, hobbies, special abilities and other personality characteristics;
- The creative description should talk about inspiration, design concept, colour application, production adaptability, etc.;
- Format: about 200-500 English words in a Word document (doc/docx).
3. Complete the Entry Form
- Complete the Entry For at: https://tinyurl.com/mascotentry
- Upload the files as a combined PDF document where indicated
- Name the PDF-document: “Participant name/Organisation name + Number of mascots + Mascot name”
- Submit the entry. You will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Brand Characteristics: Does it have a distinct theme and rich connotation which can fully reflect the values of Meat World
- Aesthetics: Does the mascot image have a beautiful, positive, vivid and lovely appearance which has a strong visual impact and a sense of the times?
- Creativity: Is it original, innovative in concept, distinctive in personality, and unique in creativity and design style?
- Interestingness: Is it story-telling, interesting, and has unique characteristic charm?
- Communication: Is the name of the mascot distinctive, decent, concise, easy to remember, and easy to pronounce? Is the image of the mascot impressive, easy to identify and easy to remember? Can it arouse spiritual empathy of potential users to the brand?
- Applicability: Does it have flexibility and commercial development value? How will it transform into a “live” mascot? Is it adaptable for the communication and reproduction of all media including graphics, three-dimensional and electronic medium? Is it easy to use in developing brand cultural derivatives? Is it applicable to various fields, including two-dimensional and three-dimensional animation (TV, the Internet, mobile phones, etc.)?
- The initial judging will be done by a panel of adjudicators
- A short list of 10 semi-final designs will be selected by the judging panel
- A round of public voting will be instituted for seven days. The public voting will count 10% in the score giving
- After the public voting has been received the judging panel will reconvene to select the winning design
- The decision of this judging panel will be final
- The judging panel will also decide whether the prize money should be awarded to the winning participant’s institution after careful screening.
- The entries must not contain any content of ethnic discrimination, religious discrimination, threats to good-neighbourly relations between countries, and other content that is contrary to social morality and good customs. In case of violation, the organiser will immediately cancel its qualifications for participation, shortlisting and awards, and all legal responsibilities shall be borne by the participant.
- Originality statement: The entry must be the original work of the participants and does not infringe any patents, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights of anyone else. The work has not been published in any newspapers, magazines, websites and other media, or been applied for patents or registered copyrights. The entry has not participated in other competitions, or entered any commercial channels in any form. It must have not been known to the public in any way. For any disputes over copyright issues caused by similar works or suspected plagiarism, the organiser will disqualify it from participating in the competition. If the prize money has been paid, the original amount will be recovered, and all legal responsibilities shall be borne by the participant.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer or license their entries to any third party during the competition, or use the entries for other activities that are the same or similar to this competition. Otherwise, the organiser has the right to cancel its qualifications for participation, shortlisting and awards, withdraw the prize money and reserve the right of legal liability investigation.
- The entries will not be returned, so please keep your own backups or manuscripts. The Organizing Committee of the competition has the right to use, copy the entries for free and non-exclusive use for related promotion and display activities.
- For all the award-winning works, the intellectual property rights are transferred to Meat World and belong to Meat World. The organiser and co-organisers of the competition have the rights to produce the mascot, publish, display, publicize, report and publish all winning works. Meat World has the right to redesign, develop, produce, promote and use them for commercial purposes. Apart from the prize money, NO extra fees will be paid to the winner for the usage of the design.
- The copyright of the winning design will be transferred to Meat World and it’s Marketing Agency.
- Should there be other designs that Meat World are interested in to use, Meat World or it’s Marketing Agency will communicate with these participants individually.
- Participants must provide valid contact information. The organiser will get in touch with the winners within five working days after the results are announced. If the participants fail to respond to the award notice within the time limit given by the organiser, they will be deemed to have given up the awards.
- The organiser will arrange for the payment of the prize money after the end of the competition.
- The judging panel of this competition has the final decisive right on the selection results of all winning works. The final interpretation right of this competition belongs to the organiser within the scope as described in this the Terms and Conditions
- Once the entry is submitted, it is deemed that the participant has carefully read all the above terms, agreed and voluntarily compliant the relevant regulations of the competition.
- The entrant give permission to Meat World to use his/her personal contact details for promotional activities
- By entering this competition, the entrant agrees to the Terms and Conditions of this Competition.
- The decision is final and NO communication will be entered into with any of the participants.
For more information, contact Red Pen Marketing on 011 815 3000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org