General Terms and Conditions – Meat World Competitions
- The Terms and Conditions (T’s & C’s) set out below apply to all participants who enter any of the Meat World competitions.
- Please read these T’s & C’s carefully. Participation in this competition will constitute your agreement to comply with the T’s & C’s.
- The competition is organised by the Meat World Group (“the Promoter”) through its agency Red Pen Marketing (Pty) Ltd.
- The competition will be presented as advertised in the media. No entries received after the closing date and time will be considered
- The Promotion Period may be extended or shortened at the discretion of the promoter.
Who can enter
- All participants in the Competition (“Participants”) must, at the time of the competition:
- be a natural person and be at least 18 (eighteen) years old;
- be a citizen and legal resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- be in possession of a valid South African identity document, residence/work permit and/or driving licence;
- be resident or present in South Africa for the duration of the competition period and for the period during which the prize is drawn, and the delivery or collection of the prize/s takes place.
- Participation in the competition excludes directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, traders, employees or consultants of the promoter or any third parties involved in the running of the competition, whether directly or indirectly (including but not limited to not to agencies, organizers and/or participating shops of the competition) as well as the members of the immediate family (being spouses, partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, fathers and/or mothers) and/or business partners or associates of any of the aforementioned persons.
How to participate in the competition and awarding of prizes
- To participate in the competition, participants must follow the instructions as given in the various media.
- Winners will be notified by email or phone. The decision of the organizers is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Text messages cost R1.50 each, and participants may enter more than once.
- All entries will be dcumented and loaded into a database. By entering the competition, The Participant gives permission to The Promoter to use his/her personal contact information for future promotions. The Promoter will select winners by draw at it’s own discretion.
- All prize winners will be announced on the promoter’s Facebook and Instagram pages and then contacted via the provided email address on the entry SMS.
- Prizes will be awarded as indicated in the various media
- It is the participants’ responsibility to provide the correct contact details (email address) when entering the competition. If the email address provided is incorrect, the winner will forfeit the prize, and it will be transferred to the next randomly selected entry.
- All prize winners will have 48 hours, after being contacted, to claim and collect their prize from the participating store. No prizes will be transported and it is the sole responsibility of The Participant to collect his prize from the specific store. Prizes are not transferable. Should the winner win cash, an invoice will have to be provided to Meat World, whereafter the money will be paid into the winner’s banking account. No cash will be given to winners. If the contestant wins meat vouchers, he/she can only exchange it for meat in the specific store and not for cash.
- The Promoter will arrange a convenient store visit with each winner to accept their prize, documenting the exchange with photos that will be uploaded to Facebook and Instagram.
- The Pomoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and may refuse to award the prize to a participant if any irregularities or fraudulent activities are suspected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and/or disqualify any entrant/winner who may bring the promoter’s trademarks into disrepute.
- By entering any of the Meat World Competitions, the contestant agrees that he/she will not held Meat World or its subsidiaries liable for any loss or injury.
- There will be no communication whatsoever with any participant about the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change and adapt any competition rules as the Promoter sees fit.